Brazilian Localisation QA Tester
As one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, SEGA cultivates creative talent worldwide with offices in America, Japan and our European HQ in London. Our acclaimed UK based studios include Sports Interactive and The Creative Assembly who are responsible for award-winning titles and iconic franchises such as Football Manager™, Aliens™, and the Total War™ series. Hardlight, the newest UK studio in the SEGA family, are the talented team behind Sonic the Hedgehog™'s latest adventures on mobile platforms Sonic Jump™ and Sonic Dash™. SEGA's much loved blue hedgehog mascot is a true global brand crossing over from video games into toys, stationary, apparel and much more.
SEGA is growing and has recently completed an acquisition of Canada based Relic Entertainment Studio, famed for high quality strategy games including “Warhammer 40k Dawn of War” and the “Company of Heroes” series. We are determined to set new standards in interactive entertainment and are excited by the opportunity of welcoming such a talented development studio into the SEGA family.
We are a dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry and because we work hard we play hard too.
Check out Sega.com http://Sega.com to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
To ensure that SEGA product is thoroughly and strategically tested for language bugs and to report issues clearly and accurately in a timely manner. We are currently looking to recruit Brazilian Portuguese Speaking Language Testers to join our Language Development Services Team. Employment will be on a zero hours contact. These roles are entry-level positions and are aimed at gamers with language skills who would like to enter the games industry but who are finding it difficult to gain experience.
There are 2 shift patterns currently available in the Language Development Services Department. The Early Shift runs from 7.30am to 3.00pm and the Late Shift runs from Monday to Friday, 3.00pm to 10.30pm (35 hours per week).
Please note that we are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in the UK to be considered for this opportunity.
• Follow a test script in a thorough and consistent manner
• Use test scripts and testing skills to finds bugs and identify the severity and risk to the business
• Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions
(e.g. using the correct naming conventions, what the bug is, steps to reproduce etc)
• Proofread and edit master text files with accuracy
• Provide small translations if required
• Proofread and edit release packaging with accuracy
• Follow instructions accurately and in a timely manner
• Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with colleagues when needed
• If required the job holder may be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary
• The job holder may be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to your job remit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally in English, and in the language you are contracted to test for
• High proficiency of spelling and grammar in both English and the language you are contracted to test for
• Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
• Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
• High standards of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
• Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development
• Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
• Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
• Maintain an adaptable approach to testing
• Flexibility to work additional hours if necessary
• Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment