Technical Support Engineer - Variable Speed Drives - Italian
Salary: As advised
Weekly Hours: 40
Responsible to: Sales & Marketing
Location: Italy & UK
Section 1 - Job Summary
Northern Drives and Controls (NDC) is looking to recruit a technical service/support engineer for their elevator/electronics business in Italy. Due to expansion and high demand in Europe the next step for the Company is to offer a service support facility locally in Italy.
NDC is currently based in the UK and has two locations in Manchester and Slough servicing an international customer base. The high demand in Europe requires a location to be set up in Italy centrally located to our customers.
Initially the role requires the candidate to seek out and set up an office location in Italy to provide the technical support and customer service in order to develop the growth of NDC’s elevator drives business in Italy.
The successful candidate will have a strong history of working either within the Italian elevator market or VSD market and have the ability to work on their own initiative with the full support of the NDC engineers in the UK.
Full product training will be given in the UK.
Section 2 - Qualifications
- Excellent Italian and English verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of the elevator maintenance industry or VSD industry
- Proven experience of variable speed drive technology
- Minimum 5 years technical customer facing support
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Have a ‘solution provider’ attitude
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Attention to detail & excellent organisational skills
Section 3 - Key Tasks
- Manage the local office in Italy
- Consistently deliver high level customer support in Italy
- Build relationships within NDC
- Develop business within the Italian market
- Provide technical support to the Italian market
- Attend customers site in Italy to evaluate the variable speed drive faults
- Understand the product and provide accurate support
- Meet strict deadlines
- Work within a fast paced environment
- Be self-motivated working to Company strategy
Section 4 - Other Requirements
This position calls for a highly committed, determined and well-motivated person who is committed to the objectives of the business.
Flexibility & Adaptability:
The position calls for the person to adapt not only to the Company, Service and Quality Policies, but also its culture.
An ability to adapt to new or redefined arrangement, skills and working circumstances is also required.