Merchandising Manager - Movies & Books for the German Market
As a Merchandising Manager in EMEA, you are a self-starter who will ramp up quickly to build and maintain our merchandising program on devices and web. Based on your digital content retailing experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions. You bring strong retail instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills.
You possess a high degree of comfort and flexibility when working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience. You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable merchandising processes.
You bring a proven ability to prioritise, meet critical deadlines, and take on challenging tasks with enthusiasm and a problem-solving mindset.
- Plan and execute an annual merchandising calendar across Movies and Books.
- Working closely with other merchandising colleagues you will deliver engaging and relevant cross-vertical activity.
- Coordinate with internal and external partnerships teams to develop and launch effective and relevant store content and promotions.
- Identify and drive co-promotion or cross-promotion opportunities with internal and external partners.
- Work cross-functionally to define and implement merchandising tools and processes, and site-wide improvements.
- Work with vertical and country marketing teams to increase the reach of movies + books verticals.
- Conduct metrics-based analyses of merchandising campaigns and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
- Support partner and technical teams to troubleshoot customer-facing issues.
- Define pricing for campaigns and offers.
- Participate in regular meetings to identify promotional opportunities.
- Champion and maintain an appropriate, engaging and consistent editorial voice within store.
- Contribute to our global merchandising team and its efforts to drive site improvements and innovative features on behalf of users worldwide.
- BA/BSc required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Exemplary written and spoken language skills in English and German.
- Extensive experience in an editorial/merchandising role for a mobile or online digital content retail business
- Industry and product knowledge in Movies or Books - knowledge in both preferred.
- Strong editorial and creative skills - ability to craft messaging and work with design and production resources to drive creative execution.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyse research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimise merchandising strategy
- Experience working with both external and internal partners on co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns
- Knowledge of and experience with online merchandising best practices; ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance platform-level merchandising capabilities.
- Ability to work across functions and divisions and deliver measurable results
- High attention to detail, ability to maintain several different projects simultaneously, while creating precise and effective customer-facing communications