Ecommerce French Translator and Content Assistant
We have a new opportunity to work within our Ecommerce team, translating product copy clearly and accurately into French utilising the correct tone of voice. To assist the Web Content management team accurately uploading copy, product imagery and other assets to the Paul Smith Magento platform, delivering consistency across all online channels.
- To upload new products as soon as they become available with the appropriate images and other assets.
- Accurately translating into French, clear and concise product copy, consistent with the company tone of voice and tailored to suit the requirements of the current SEO strategy.
- Assist with the administration of products to ensure all products are available for sale online.
- Review products for discrepancies and liaising with the IT and Retail departments to ensure prices and product information are accurate.
- Work with the Online Visual Merchandisers to assist with drag-and-drop merchandising of product pages to maximize sales.
- Complete website audits for broken functionality, consistency of product content, spelling and grammar mistakes.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Fluent in French and English both written and verbal.
- Educated to A level, with GCSE Maths and English at C grade or above or equivalent qualification.
- Advanced computer literacy in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A basic knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Proven high level of accurate written French, for digital translation and transcreating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Commercial awareness of business needs and the ability to optimise content to increase conversion rates.
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Awareness of current Digital trends and a passion for the Paul Smith brand.
- Flexible and able to work extended hours over busy periods.