VAT Review Administrator (German/French speaking)
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with Bio-Rad, since 1952 Bio-Rad laboratories have been advancing scientific discovery by manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life sciences, research and clinical diagnostics market. Due to experiencing significant growth they are opening a new Shared Service Centre in Watford next to Watford Junction in January 2017.
Bio-Rad is looking for a VAT Review Administrator fluent in French and/or German. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Accounting Shared Services Process Owners to ensure VAT transactions are applied consistently and accurately across the accounting system. Support the transactional teams in meeting business compliance and further reporting obligations specifically in relation to VAT and managing the various flows of information required in order to process the tax payments.
Duties as follows:
- Work with Procure-to-Pay Process Owner in the Accounting Shared Services Organisation, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the Accounting Shared Service organisation.
- To maintain the accuracy and timeliness of VAT transactions, by processing/checking vendor invoices in line with VAT rates.
- Participate in financial statement close cycle and provide reports on Payable transactions, to drive improved compliance for day to day VAT transaction processing and statutory requirements.
- Regular reconciliation of the VAT control accounts and records. Liaise with MDM and update/maintain EU VAT rates in accounting system.
- To deal with general VAT queries from the staff across the Group. Assisting in the provision of ongoing advice, guidance and training to the Accounting teams as well as the business as and when required
- Help to define and develop standard documentation of PTP processes including VAT charts for individual countries to facilitate day to day transaction processing.
- Be primary backup to the other Vat accounting clerk as well as provide assistance with processing T&E expenses for any of the Payment Processing team.
- Extensive Accounts Payable experience
- Experience of dealing with ERP systems (notable SAP) including data extraction
- Intermediate to advance excel skills
- Strong accounting skills, and awareness of PAN European VAT compliance obligations within the EU.
- Fluent French or German and English is essential.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, and collaboration
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website hays.co.uk/jobs/bio-rad or please apply now with an up to date CV.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 to £60,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service Western European Languages jobs in Watford
- £50,000 to £60,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service English jobs in Watford
- £50,000 to £60,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service French jobs in Watford
- £50,000 to £60,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service German jobs in Watford