Sales Ledger Supervisor
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with Bio-Rad, since 1952 Bio-Rad laboratories have been advancing scientific discovery by manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life sciences, research and clinical diagnostics market. Due to experiencing significant growth they are opening a new Shared Service Centre in Watford next to Watford Junction in January 2017.
You will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Order-to-Cash Process Owner and the OTC Credit & Collections Supervisor, in developing and sustaining business practices and/or procedures for all related processes and data related to transactional processing for the Order-to-Cash process stream.
This individual will also work with key treasury and operations business partners to further optimise/enable business practices through the existing ERP environment; as well as, ensure the timely application of cash to outstanding receivables in an effort to minimise DSOs and help improve cash flow and cash management in a structured fashion for the company.
As an OTC Cash Application Supervisor you will provide leadership for the team, empowering them to meet their goals and drive positive change and will also:
- Work with Order-to-Cash Process Owner in the Accounting Shared Services Organisation, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the Accounting Shared Service organisation.
- Help to define process/business requirements for area of expertise including, but is not limited to, cash application, credit card processing, timely unapplied payment resolutions and credit note initiation.
- Participate in financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions in order to ensure accurate and (timely recording of accounts payable transactions).
- Supervise the daily activities of the Cash Application team ensuring that all remittances, direct debits and credit card processing are done timely to minimise DSOs and improve cash flow and cash management.
- Identify and resolve all issues for the Cash Application team in a timely manner.
- Responsible for insuring that the Cash Application team deliverables are compliant with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Preparation of monthly KPI metrics and other analyses that allow for continuous monitoring of the Cash Application team’s progress accurately and timely.
To achieve this you will have a ‘Can Do’ approach and experience in a Supervisory role, along with:
- Multilingual with English and another language such as French, German, Dutch or Spanish.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for interacting with individual team contributors, business partners, management and customers.
- Knowledge of Treasury including payment methods, payment types and Cash App Controls.
- Experience with working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Process oriented in approach.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with processes and data related to transaction processing for the Accounts Receivable function.
- Large ERP or SAP AR/AP system experience preferred.
- Experience working in a Pan—European Shared Service Centre is desirable
This is an exciting time to join Bio-Rad who offer a world of career opportunities and will provide you with the training and development you need to succeed in your career. In return they are offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website hays.co.uk/jobs/bio-rad or please apply now with an up to date CV.
More jobs like this
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service Western European Languages jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service Dutch jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service French jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service German jobs in Watford