Credit Control Supervisor
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with Bio-Rad, since 1952 Bio-Rad laboratories have been advancing scientific discovery by manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life sciences, research and clinical diagnostics market. Due to experiencing significant growth they are opening a new Shared Service Centre in Watford next to Watford Junction in January 2017.
You will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Order-to-Cash Process Owner and the OTC Cash Application Supervisor in developing and sustaining business practices and/or procedures for all related processes and data related to transactional processing for the Order-to-Cash process stream in the Accounting Shared Services organisation.
You will also work with key sales and operations business partners to further optimise/enable business practices through the existing ERP environment; as well as, ensure appropriate establishment of credit limits and timely collection of outstanding receivables reducing the exposure of bad debts or financial exposure to the company due to non-payment.
As an OTC Credit & Collections Supervisor you will provide leadership for the team, empowering them to meet their goals and drive positive change and will also:
- Work with Order-to-Cash Process Owner in the Accounting Shared Services Organization, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the Accounting Shared Service organization. Take on new ledgers, recruit and train new team members
- Supervise the daily activities of the Credit & Collection team ensuring that outstanding receivables are collected timely which includes but is not limited to evaluating and establishing customer credit, supervision of collection efforts, researching account disputes and billing discrepancies, and the identification of delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts. Interact with debt collection agencies and manage the debt collection case files.
- Help to define process/business requirements for area of expertise including but is not limited to credit and collection policies and procedures, as well as, developing strategies and goals to reduce exposure to bad-debt. Ensuring the team is compliant with bad debt and write off policies and procedures.
- Identify and resolve all issues for the Credit & Collection team timely in an effort to prevent any business interruption to our clients operations.
- Participate in financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions in order to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounts receivable transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Credit & Collection team deliverables are compliant with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures, as well as, provide audit support to external / internal audit teams in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly KPI metrics and other analyses that allow for continuous monitoring of the Credit & Collection team’s progress - accurately and timely.
You will have experience in a Supervisory role, along with:
- Multilingual with English and another language such as French, German, Dutch or Spanish.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for interacting with individual
- Team contributors, business partners, management and customers.
- Experience with working with accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Process oriented in approach.
- Bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with processes and data related to transaction processing for the Accounts Receivable function.
- Large ERP or SAP AP system experience preferred.
- Experience working in a Pan—European Shared Service Centre is desirable
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website hays.co.uk/jobs/bio-rad or please apply now with an up to date CV.
More jobs like this
- £45,000 to £50,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service Western European Languages jobs in Watford
- £45,000 to £50,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service Dutch jobs in Watford
- £45,000 to £50,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service French jobs in Watford
- £45,000 to £50,000 Permanent Vacancy Call Centre, Customer Service German jobs in Watford