Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with Bio-Rad, since 1952 Bio-Rad laboratories have been advancing scientific discovery by manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life sciences, research and clinical diagnostics market. Due to experiencing significant growth they are opening a new Shared Service Centre in Watford next to Watford Junction in January 2017.
You will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Procure-to-Pay Process Owner and the A/P Invoice Processing Supervisor in developing and sustaining business practices and/or procedures for all related indirect/direct payables processes and data related to transactional processing for the Procure-to-Pay process stream in the Accounting Shared Services organization.
You will also work with key procurement/payables business partners to further optimise/enable business practices through the existing ERP environment ; as well as, resolve any outstanding issues timely ensuring invoice processing and payment is completed timely and efficiently to prevent any business interruption to our clients operations due to non-payment.
As an A/P Invoice Processing Supervisor you will provide leadership for the team, empowering them to meet their goals and drive positive change and will also:
- Work with Procure-to-Pay Process Owner in the Accounting Shared Services Organisation, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the Accounting Shared Service organisation.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Invoice Processing team ensuring that invoices are processed timely which includes but is not limited to invoice receipt, processing of invoices, and processing and audit for T&E and P-card. Ascertain the accuracy of accounts payable standard files and the accounts payable integrations to the general records.
- Help to define and develop standard documentation of P2P standard process including process maps, work instructions for individual countries, SOX documentation, ensuring that the standard process is maintained and documentation remains current.
- Serve as a contact for resolving complicated Billing systems and critical vendors.
- Participate in financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions in order to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounts payable transactions. Perform monthly AP reconciliations for Vendors and General Ledger statements
- Ensure SOX controls are maintained for all European businesses and provide support for Audit reviews both internal and external.
- Day to day processing to generate reports for management. Prepare KPI and metric reporting for all businesses serviced by P2P, analyse performance and recommends performance improvements and action required. Prepare Balance sheet/DPO reporting for all businesses, analyse trends, identify opportunities, recommend action to be taken for seamless processing of invoices.
- Drive a process improvement culture throughout the team, continuously look to improve service and improved customer experience.
- Pro-actively improve and undertake effective business relationship with key interfaces.
You will have experience in a Supervisory role with experience in indirect/direct procurement and payables processes and data related to transaction processing. You will also:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills used to interacting with individual team contributors, business partners and management.
- Be multilingual with English and another language such as French, German, Dutch or Spanish.
- Large ERP system experience. SAP system experience preferred.
- Process oriented in approach.
- Strong influencing skills, able to change behaviour's and business direction through clear presentation and use of data.
- Strongly analytical, able to identify problem areas, recommend solutions, strong control background, good reporting skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience working in a Pan-European Shared Service Centre is desirable
- Experience of Pan-European Accounts Payable desirable
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
More jobs like this
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Accounting Western European Languages jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Accounting Dutch jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Accounting French jobs in Watford
- £35,000 to £40,000 Permanent Vacancy Accounting Spanish jobs in Watford