Chinese (Simplified) Localisation Tester
We are looking for Simplified Chinese speakers to join us as Chinese Localisation Testers within the Lincoln Quality Assurance team, based in Lincoln, UK. You will be expected to play through our latest games on all platforms, looking for problems and reporting errors, to ensure game quality before release.
- Finding, reproducing and fixing linguistic errors or problems in-game.
- Accurate, detailed and complete reporting and subsequent revision of those errors or problems.
- Proofreading and looking for inconsistencies in context and style throughout large text files – ensuring the language text matches the English.
- Providing translations when required.
- Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and projects.
- Researching topics relating to our games to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
- Providing critical analysis and feedback in report form, in a clear and concise way.
- Working closely with the team to share ideas and suggestions, involving others in decision making.
- Completing assigned tasks within the allocated deadline; working extra hours when necessary to finish those tasks.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems and processes, as well as detailed publisher guidelines and standards.
- Excellent language ability in the specific language (written/spoken).
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- A keen interest in video games.
- A good level of spoken & written English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite – especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of all the current generation of games consoles and PCs, and the latest mobile platforms.
- Previous games industry or localisation/translation experience.
- Experience with a variety of relevant software and hardware.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
- Comfortable in expressing thoughts and opinions constructively.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment, and respect others' opinions.
- Flexibility regarding unsociable and extended working hours to meet the demands of the role.
- An aptitude for and a keen interest in languages and translation.
- Salary: £19,000 plus benefits.
- If you have a work permit, provide details of your nationality, the issue date of your visa and the expiration date. If you are short listed for interview, you will be asked to provide documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK.
More jobs like this
- £17,500 to £20,000 Permanent Vacancy Translation, Localization, Interpretation Asian Languages jobs in Lincoln
- £17,500 to £20,000 Permanent Vacancy Translation, Localization, Interpretation Cantonese jobs in Lincoln
- £17,500 to £20,000 Permanent Vacancy Translation, Localization, Interpretation Mandarin jobs in Lincoln