Reservations and Customer Services Agent (English and German Speaking)
32 Reasons to work at Secret Escapes
In Reservations and Customer Services you will be responsible for ensuring excellent customer service, processing reservations, upselling and supporting the in house packages team. This role will require excellent communication skills in both English and German.
In Reservations and Customer Services you will be part of the in house packages team who are responsible for ensuring great customer service, handling operational changes, processing reservations and upselling. The role will involve speaking to German and UK based customers over the telephone or email.
- Customer focused
- A Doer
- Calm under pressure
- Uses initiative
- Empathetic internally and externally
- Believes in and exhibits PRIDE (personal responsibility in delivering excellence)
- Advising clients on travel arrangements and become fully knowledgeable about the products, destinations and services offered.
- Advising clients of any operational changes to their booking prior to travel
- Maintain high standard of Customer Service through all contact areas when dealing with customer service and any pre-departure and in resort queries. Take responsibility to resolve problems ensuring that issues are followed through and escalated when faced with a query that is outside the department remit.
- Handle customer complaints via the phone or email, listening sympathetically to establish the nature and extent of the service shortfall.
- Handling book-outs - thorough investigation before approaching customers to make sure the alternative hotels are suitable and then using necessary skills to convince them to accept the relocation.
- Follow up sales enquiries promptly, calling customers directly as appropriate.
- Ensure that reservations bookings are entered correctly based on the booking placed.
- Service existing bookings as required including, but not limited to, carrying out amendments, providing information on relevant charges, confirm bookings and adding additional content.
- Administration of bookings for all destinations within customer service and reservation remit
- Understands and adheres with all set PCI and DPA policies
- Excellent written and spoken English and German is essential
- Experience using MS Office products, Outlook, Excel etc
- Extensive Tour Operator or Travel experience
- A team player, with a can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and organisational skills
- Attentive to details with ability to remain focused
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German.
More jobs like this
- £24,000 to £26,000 Permanent Vacancy Travel, Hospitality, Tourism Western European Languages jobs in London (Greater)
- £24,000 to £26,000 Permanent Vacancy Travel, Hospitality, Tourism English jobs in London (Greater)
- £24,000 to £26,000 Permanent Vacancy Travel, Hospitality, Tourism German jobs in London (Greater)