Accountant - German Speaker
6 days left
- Job Type
- Permanent Vacancy
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
Each Accountant is responsible for execution of Record to Report ("RTR") team tasks set out below for the assigned. The successful candidates will participate in the establishment of the new project team, to transition from the existing arrangements, before subsequently taking responsibility for delivering all specified activities.
- Provides accurate and timely month-end and periodic management reporting, including submissions to Group Finance and Business Partners
- Ensures compliance and regulatory requirements are met, including tax related
- Ensures general accounting is accurate, including preparation of more complex accounting entries; and that compliance with Group accounting policies and local requirements is achieved
- Prepares and delivers specific audit requirements (both internal and external)
- Delivers statutory reporting requirements, including statutory accounts for the assigned entities
- Responds to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Trains Accountants and review/provide feedback on their work where applicable
- Ensures operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Participates in migration of accounting processes from London to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, OTC, Procurement, Customer Services, HR)
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods
- Applies understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Works closely with process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
- Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services
- Responsibilities may also include supervising Junior Accountant(s)
- Fluent German speaker
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Professional accounting qualification/almost qualified status is essential i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- SAP training and certification is a plus
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers
- Ability in relevant European languages, Russian and/or Arabic is strongly preferred
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.