Please check your email .
€excellent + relocation assistance
Our client is seeking a Compliance Tax Analyst who will work in its VAT Compliance and Controllership team in Bratislava, Slovakia. This position will be responsible (as part of a larger team) for the preparation, review and submission of European VAT returns and related filings. This position may also assist in the provision of data to tax authorities relating to third party sellers.
Working within the current EMEA VAT Compliance team, the VAT Tax Analyst will:
• Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings;
• Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
• Assist with VAT compliance queries from the business operating across Europe;
• Assist in the mapping of VAT processes, and identify areas for improvement and solutions for VAT issues;
• Prepare and review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
• Provide VAT compliance support to colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
• Participate in cross-functional projects.
BASIC QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 4-6 years of experience of working in a finance and/or VAT compliance function;
• Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal), additional languages are a benefit
• Experience of working in a large multinational organisation or accountancy firm;
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• A strong desire to exceed expectations;
• Organised, analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail;
• Strong computer, particularly MS Excel, skills;
• Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude;
• Able to take ownership of work, implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving approach;
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• University degree
• A recognised accounting or tax partial/full qualification (CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar);
• Experience of compliance in European jurisdictions.