Please check your email .
This company are a worldwide leader in providing information access and management solutions through print and electronic journal subscription services, online access research database development and production.
An account executive opportunity has arisen in their UK office. The mission of the Account Executive role is to generate new business, upsell to current customers and maintain existing client business.
Therefore, a combination of account management and new business development skills are required.
Ideally the candidate will come from a sales /account management background with preferable experience of selling educational or technology-based products / services over the phone. The role will involve selling digital products (eJournal Collections, eBooks, SaaS) to information professionals, library staff, HR professionals and procurement specialists. The person will be hungry to find new leads and cold call clients.
- To develop this market sector with regards to finding new business opportunities, following up on leads, upselling and ensuring renewals of current products.
- Manage and retain a portfolio of customers with a number of diverse Corporate related products
- Build and maintain a high standard of rapport with potential & existing customers at all levels
- Take responsibility for communicating the 'company message' and influence the direction of the client's future decisions
- Understand the needs of client and articulate how their products and services can bring value to them and the user-base they support
- Work alongside field sales staff to maximize sales opportunities
- Attend local / national conferences or exhibitions when required
- Work closely with the account executive manager to develop an effective sales strategy / plan
- Populate, update and manage daily, a CRM system to achieve sales targets and objectives
- Produce monthly sales reports required for business planning
- Anticipate market needs and research improvements to our service culture
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Have past experience of account management and some sales experience - cold calling experience preferred
- Fluent in Swedish at a business level
- Have excellent time management / operational skills
- Operate with a defined vision and have a bias for action
- Be confident with talking to prospects and customers on the telephone
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation including senior management
- Have the energy and mental capacity to be an expert in a portfolio of products
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing (literacy and numeracy skills are essential)
- Bring with them a strong focus and attention to detail - strives to become an industry expert
- Be comfortable working with medium to long-term sales cycles
- Demonstrate personal values of integrity, respect, professionalism, creativity and initiative
- Be a team player