Please check your email .
Credit Controller – (German Speaking)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, with operations in 54 countries, exceptional financial strength, and a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products.
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of non-client facing activities, including but not limited to, maximising cash flow and minimising debt at risk, and ensuring our Operations are fully compliant.
In conjunction with the Credit Control Team Leader, you will ensure the timely collection and allocation of funds received and the escalation of premium balances not paid. The role requires the creation and maintenance of strong business relationships with various Chubb departments, brokers, insurance companies and external suppliers.
Previous experience within Credit control or finance is advantageous but not essential. We will provide training for those with strong communication and relationship building skills.
* Achieve monthly targets in respect of Due, Overdue and Inadmissible debt, Unapplied and Unallocated Cash and Claim levels ensuring that a consistent approach is adopted across the region.
* Identify balances requiring escalations and work with local teams to ensure escalations are handled timely and efficiently
* Escalate to the local office all unresolved centralised issues including, but not limited to the Collection of Premium and Claims and the clearance of Cash received including the liaison with Underwriters, Operations, Claims, Finance and third parties.
* Take part in regular meetings and contact 3^rd parties (brokers, insurance companies) to discuss processes, aged balances and to resolve any outstanding queries.
* Support the Credit Control local and offshore teams as and when required.
* Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley control documents relevant to the function and maintain in accordance with company guidelines.
* Regular reporting to Credit Control Management on all key responsibilities.
* Fluency in both English and German are essential.
* Experience in financial services or Insurance preferred but not essential.
* Debt Management experience preferred.
* Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power Point
* Ability to analyse large databases and create pivot reports from these.
* Customer Service orientated
* Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Commercial acumen
* High orientation to on-time delivery
* Proven record of meeting deadlines
* Self-motivated and independent
What can you expect in return?
* Competitive salary & pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days
* Private Medical cover
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Life Assurance
* Subsidised gym membership
* Comprehensive Learning & development offering
* Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers, Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.
* Networking, mentoring & development opportunities.
* 1 day annual Charitable leave
* Cycle to work scheme
* Active Sports & social committee
* Employee Assistance program
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.