Please check your email .
An established freight forwarder seeking new members within the customs department.
Since Brexit, customs has become an integral part of UK trade with Europe and the rest of the world. Custom agents have never been so needed within the UK, as it is now an integral part of UK international trade.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our ever-growing customs department.
Full training will be given. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience and skills to begin an exciting career for a role that has become an essential part of UK international trade.
· Processing customs declarations to HMRC for imports and exports.
· Checking documentation to ensure documents meet all laws to facilitate export and imports of goods.
· Liaise with importers and exporters to obtain the necessary information to ensure customs declarations are made in accordance with UK laws.
· Providing guidance to clients on UK customs procedures and Laws.
· Liaise with Border force and other government agencies when required.
· Work alongside the transport department to provide seamless customer focused logistic solutions.
· Computer literate
· Experience with Microsoft office.
· Good communicator – written and verbal.
· Team player
· Attention to detail
Fluent in French
· Experience in logistics / distribution / transport / customs
· Experience in computer systems.
· Experience in administration / data entry roles.
Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm with 2 x Saturday shifts per month (with choice of additional pay or holiday). Extra shifts also available.